One of the things that makes Glasgow so special is that there is always something new and interesting to check out – and this summer is no exception! With the buzz of the West End Festival, as well as countless other pop-ups and events to get excited about, I’ve been making an endless itinerary of things to get out and discover.
Today, I’d like to share 5 awesome things to do in Glasgow this summer – feel free to add these to your to-do list, or tell any friends that are visiting the city and looking for some fun or eclectic experiences. Are you ready?
Let’s dive in…
1. Battle against the clock at Tick Tock Unlock – If you’ve been following my adventures over on Twitter lately, you might remember that Gary, my friends and I spent an evening with Glasgow’s newest live escape game. On paper, it sounds easy enough: you and your merry gang will be locked in a room for one hour, and will face a series of challenges in order to unlock the door and escape before the clock runs out. Trust me when I say, it ain’t that simple! But I can wholeheartedly guarantee that it’s a LOT of fun.
2. Visit the Dinosaurs at Kelvingrove – Can’t wait for Jurassic World to hit the big screen? I hear ya! Get your fossil fix and see a spectacular collection of artefacts as the world-touring Hatching The Past exhibit, which is currently enjoying its residency at Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum. I can’t guarantee a smooth-talking Jeff Goldblum, but it’s a great day out and a really impressive display.
3. Eat (and make!) Pizza at La Favourita – After opening in the West End less than two months ago, La Favourita has quickly gained a reputation as being THE pizza joint in Glasgow. With a mouth-watering menu including award-winning pizzas, fresh pasta and specially-made ice creams, it’s easy to see why. Fancy making a day of it? You can also learn how to make your own pizza with the chef in a custom-built kitchen in the restaurants basement.
There’s never been a better time to grab a pizza the action…
4. Lose Yourself in a Show – This summer at Glasgow’s theatres is set to be pretty special. Expect everything from big-screen adaptations (East Is East), to musical comedy (Dirty Rotten Scoundrels) to Sesame Street for adults (Avenue Q) – and everything in between. The thing I love most about the theatre is that I become truly immersed in another world for a few hours, and Glasgow’s Theatres are some pretty awesome surroundings to get lost in! See you in the foyer, yeah?
5. Create a Piece of Wearable Art with Square Club – I’ve blogged about my ace experience screen printing with Square Club before, and can’t recommend it enough! It’s a really enjoyable, hands-on way to spend a morning (or afternoon!) and I loved brushing up on my high school art days. What’s more, Square Club have released this new video, and are offering the chance to win a free workshop to anyone that shares the video and signs up to their mailing list. Go, go, go!
I’m excited to get out and experience what our fair city has to offer this season, how about you? And do you have any other recommendations to share?
Here’s to the best summer ever,