When it comes to beauty brands, Glasgow is a funny old town. Our high streets, shopping malls and department stores are bursting at the seams with cosmetics companies, yet we just can’t seem to get enough! House of Fraser’s beauty
haul hall is a perfect example of this – it’s an Aladdin’s Cave of endless lotions and potions, but it’s always making room for new additions to its impressive line-up.
Standing out from the crowd can be tough when there are oh-so-many big names to choose from but, when DECIEM arrived in House of Fraser’s ground floor last week, beauty addicts all over town felt their spidey senses tingling and my Twitter feed was going at light speed!
But who are DECIEM, and why should you be excited about them coming to Glasgow? Here are 5 things to get you started…
- DECIEM are an ‘abnormal’ beauty company in the BEST sense of the word! Growing rapidly in just 4 years (starting with just 2 employees, now they have over 120), DECIEM do a lot of things their own way – such as adopting a very hands-on approach to developing the 10+ brands under their company name and being committed to authenticity. If you tell them that they can’t do something, it just spurs them on to prove people wrong – and that’s a philosophy I can totally get behind.
- Their price points will surprise you. Six quid for the cult foundation that everyone is raving about? Now, that’s pretty damn fabulous. DECIEM believe that quality isn’t defined by a price tag, so you can pick up your shade (and, psst – they have 21 to choose from!) even if you’re a babe on a budget.
- DECIEM have more then 10 unique brands under their belt – and they’re all cruelty-free. Taking on skincare, haircare, makeup, supplements, grooming and bodycare is ambitious enough as it is but making sure their practices are cruelty-free shows that DECIEM really are a brand that stick to their guns (and no, they don’t sell in mainland China either!).
- Instagram filter in a bottle? #YESPLEASE! DECIEM’s NIOD Photography Fluid was one of those products that beauty writers went bananas over when it was first released and it’s just as popular today. Smoothing, evening and brightening skin for that ‘photo ready’ look, it can be mixed with foundation or worn on its own.
- DECIEM’s Hand Chemistry hand cream has been THEE #1 seller at Boots every week. And I know Boots stock a ton of hand cream! Hand Chemistry is a multi-functional cream, targeting dryness, dark spots and signs of ageing. Like a fancy face cream but, y’know, for your paws! It flies off the shelves constantly, and now it’s in House of Fraser too – hooray!
You can find the new DECIEM concession in House of Fraser Buchanan Street; just next to Jo Malone. Will you be paying them a visit? And what sorts of things make YOUR spidey sense tingle?